BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, 26 August 2010

Choosing A Leader . . .

Next Wednesday ballot papers will be distributed for the Labour Party Leadership election.
I have not said who I intend to vote for much less told anybody else how they should vote and I shall not do so here as I dislike the "Go Thou And Do Likewise" aspect of such exercises. I am neither qualified nor entitled to tell you what to think.

However I shall say this;
* If you have chosen to vote for David Miliband then you have chosen wisely because you have chosen a candidate who recognises that Labour must be a mass, democratic party.

* If you have chosen to vote for Ed Miliband then you have chosen wisely because you have chosen a candidate who recognises the need to reinvigorate our participation in the democratic process as a nation.

* If you have chosen Ed Balls then you have chosen wisely because you have chosen you have chosen a candidate who has led the fight against unfair VAT rises.

* If you have chosen Andy Burnham then you have chosen wisely because you have chosen a candidate who connects with ordinary members.

*If you have chosen Diane Abbott then you have chosen wisely because you have chosen the most experienced Parliamentarian standing.

I want to see the strongest possible Labour Party. A Labour party that represents the Left of the possible.

I am impressed by the positive atmosphere within which the campaign has taken place.

A point to ponder: Whoever emerges as Leader of the Labour Party and hence Leader of the Opposition will face, across the floor of the Commons, a Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister who became leaders of their respective parties by stabbing their respective predecessors in the back.
Our way is better.

0 comments: